Perform manual and machine operator tasks related to the set-up, maintenance and operations of the AquaFlex die cutter/flexo press. Responsible for the safety of crew, quantitative and qualitative die cutter/flexo performance.
- Make-ready, adjust and run job as efficiently as possible to meet safety and productivity standards.
- Examine job order to determine quantity to be cut, stock specifications and special die cutting instructions
- Examine cutting dies for visual defects and apply correcting solution to repair minor defects
- Make necessary adjustments to ensure quality
- Ensure information is communicated between departments
- Ensure Company Safety, Quality and Production standards are met
- Perform proper and required maintenance as well as cleaning of die cutter/flexo stations
- Maintenance duties include stooping under machinery, entering confined spaces and climbing ladders.
- Must input information into computer for proper tracking of inventory and waste.
- Occasional bending, reaching, twisting and stooping
- Occasional squatting and kneeling for cleaning and clearing jams
- In depth knowledge of the mechanics and capabilities of die cutting/flexo press
- Strong mechanical aptitude/skills
- Requires experience running, troubleshooting and quality control
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, understand technical written (and verbal) instructions, set-up the die cutter/flexo station(s), and carry out instructions
- Strong computer skills required
- Strong math skills required
- Ability to accurately distinguish color variation
- Must be able to work in other capacities if needed and perform overtime work as required
- Good Verbal and written communication skills
- Frequent lifting, bending and turning (up to 75 pounds)
- High School Diploma/GED is a requirement
- 1-3 years running a die cutter/flexo press is strongly preferred