Please read and follow the artwork specifications listed below; this will allow our Pre-Press department to create a better product and serve you more efficiently.
All digital artwork should be submitted using one of the following formats:
|Program Software||File Type|
|Adobe® Photoshop®||.tif, .psd, .eps|
|Adobe® Illustrator®||.ai, .eps|
|Adobe® Acrobat®||.pdf (.pdf files will print as is)|
If these options are not available to you, please contact us for additional options.
Include Fonts and Images
- Fonts - Include all fonts used in your project; both screen and printer fonts are needed when using postscript fonts.
- Linked Graphics – Be sure to include all of your placed / imported images when you send your artwork. Missing graphics and fonts can cause your job to be delayed.
- Rasterized art should be at least 300 dpi at 100% size.
- Final resolution of scanned color or grayscale images should be 400 dpi at 100% size.
- Final resolution of scanned line art should be 1200 dpi at 100%.
Document Size / Printable Areas
- Set your document page size to the final size of your printed page. Avoid manually drawn crop marks.
- Extend bleeds 1/8" past page trim.
- Be sure to keep non-bleeding items at least 1/4" from any edge or bindery operation.
- Please refer to our Templates.
- All files should be set up as CMYK color (not RGB as RGB color may drastically change).
Spot Color Documents
- Specify Pantone Matching System (PMS) colors.
- Delete all unused colors in your documents; be sure the rest are defined as spot colors.
- Be sure the colors defined in your graphic files match those in the document.
Process Color Documents
- Delete all unused colors in your documents; be sure the rest are defined as process colors.
- Be sure all placed graphics are CMYK. Double-check any embedded bitmaps.
Halftones and Tints
- Attempting to achieve a color with halftones or gradients is not recommended (screening back PMS colors by changing the opacity or transparency). Selecting a solid spot color will result in more accurate printing.
- Gradients may result in banding. Avoid gradients if banding is not acceptable.
- Avoid using halftone fonts; the print quality is much cleaner if solid colors are applied.
Sending us your Artwork
- Please use your company name and order number to identify your file.
- E-mail attachments may be compressed/zipped using Stuffit or other compression software.
- Total size of all attachments per e-mail should be under 10 MB. Files larger than 10 MB should be delivered via optical media (CD-R or DVD) or USB drive.
- Please e-mail artwork and/or copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have further questions, please contact the Blanks/USA Customer Care department at 1-800-328-7311.