Job Classification: Salary – Exempt
Supervisor: Operations Supervisor
Job Summary: To perform duties essential to ensuring the procurement system is operating in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Procurement raw materials including paper, plastic films in roll and sheets needed to produce Blanks/USA products as well as dies for production.
Typical Physical Demands and work environment: The position is primarily an office position. May require lifting of up to 50 lbs. for quality inspections.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and/or perform procurement activities:
- Manage material reorder points and related systems.
- Negotiate materials pricing with vendors and evaluate optimum format of raw material inputs (rolls vs sheets, etc.).
- Ensure materials procured will meet or exceed customer’s quality expectations.
- Ensure materials procured can be effectively utilized on plant die cutting equipment.
- Source and order dies needed for customer special orders, Blanks die cutting equipment, and new products in development.
- Price materials, schedule, and oversee production orders processed through third-party converters.
- Coordinate with production supervisors on immediate material requirements to fulfill customer’s sales orders on an ongoing basis.
- Develop cross training and other cost effective resources for temporary and full time employees to meet demand.
- Minimize waste and scrap through procurement of correct products for the job.
- Fulfill vendor requests for credit references.
- Create purchase orders as needed.
- Review of vendor bills against purchase orders/receipts for approval for payment.
- Coordinate with inventory control personnel.
- Teamwork of all internal departments (Shipping, Customer Service, Purchasing, Finance, and Sales).
Other Job Functions:
- Support the ongoing development of written procedures in the area of procurement.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Qualifications:
- Ability to talk with other by telephone, in a patient, pleasant and cooperative manner, using standard, grammatically correct American English.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities and make productive use of time.
- Ability to motivate and engage employees.
- Neat, clean, businesslike appearance.
- Ability to accept changes in routine.
- Ability to follow direction in practices and procedures.
- Able to work cooperatively and with a positive manner with other employees.
- Ability to compose business correspondence using correct spelling and grammar.
- Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Some knowledge about die cutting equipment.
Note: Job Descriptions are subject to change as directed by Management.